Friday, May 9, 2008

First Post

Hello! This is my first post on my very own blog! I will try to post at least once a week, I will post at least one book that I recommend, and I will post a question each week. The first thing that I want to talk about is Beyond the Reflections Edge, written by Bryan Davis. Bryan was kind enough to let me be a Pre-publication reader for his new book, but now its out in stores.

Here is my review...



Beyond the Reflections Edge is a book that is both exciting and will help you grow in the Lord.

Isaac B. Age - 13


here is the picture.




And here is the summery.




Sixteen-year-old Nathan Shepherd has a great life traveling where the careers of his father, an investigator, and mother, a renowned violinist, take him. . . until his parents are found murdered. Left with only a mirror and notes from his father's last case, Nathan goes into hiding at the remote country home of Tony, his father's college buddy, and Tony's teenage daughter, Kelly.

The mysterious mirror must be a clue to what happened to his parents, and when images appear in it-people and things that don't exist-Nathan and Kelly painstakingly gather evidence. But the killers want the mirror too, and danger threatens the teens at every turn. As it becomes evident that Nathan's father had stumbled upon dark forces at work in the world, several questions arise. Could it be that the mirror is a portal to a parallel world? Could this technology be used for evil purposes? And could his parents still be alive, trapped in another dimension? Nathan and Kelly struggle to solve the mystery before they too become victims.

I highly recommend this book to people who are 12 and up, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.



Thomas Wayne Batson writes stories that are so exciting and that keep you at the edge of your seat that you are practically glued to his books.

The door within trilogy is one such story, but they can be more than just stories if you let it.

here is the summery.

There is an unseen world of good and evil where nightmares are fought and hope is reborn. Enter The Door Within.Aidan Thomas is miserable. And it's much more than the strange nightmares he's been having.

Just when life seemed to be coming together for Aidan, his parents suddenly move the family across the country to take care of his wheelchair-bound grandfather. When strange events begin to occur, Aidan is drawn into his grandfather's basement where he discovers three ancient scrolls and an invitation to another world.

No longer confined to the realm of his own imagination, Aidan embarks on an adventure where he meets knights, warriors, kings and mysterious Glimpses who can travel between worlds. Aidan joins them in the struggle between good and evil. With the fate of two worlds hanging in the balance, Aidan faces Paragory, the eternal enemy. Will Aidan be willing to risk everything and trust the unseen hand of the one true King? The answer comes from The Door Within.













































the second book in the series is just as exciting, although the main Character from the last book isn't so main in this one.
here is the summery.

Separated from his friend by a thousand miles and unable to return to The Realm of Glimpses himself, Aidan Thomas needs a way to reach Robby with the message of King Eliam, the one true King.

Enter Antoinette Lynn Reed, a bright but headstrong young lady who believes in the Scrolls of Alleble and has a passion for full-contact Kendo. When Aidan discovers that Antoinette has been called to enter The Realm, he solicits her help to find Robby's Glimpse before it is too late.


When she arrives in Alleble, Antoinette finds the kingdom is in turmoil. Alleble's allies are inexplicably beginning to turn away, renouncing former ties with King Eliam. And there are rumors that the dark Prince of Paragory is seeking an ancient evil to crush Alleble once and for all.Can Antoinette and a team of Alleble's finest knights learn the secret of Paragory's growing power? And will they be able to stop the Rise of the Wyrm Lord?



This is third and last book in the series, but by no means is it the least in excitement. here is the summery.

Still staggering under Paragor's relentless attacks, Alleble's remaining allies flee from the four corners of The Realm to safety within the Kingdom's walls.

Once there they find chaos, the forces of Alleble grieving a fallen hero, and the Kingdom's citizens clinging to an ancient legend about Three Witnesses who can bring victory. But who are they? Where are they?

There is little time for Alleble to mourn before Paragor, the Wyrm Lord, and the deadly Seven Sleepers unite against the followers of King Eliam.As Alleble begins to lose hope, Paragor unleashes The Final Storm. Will anyone survive to see the dawn?




I highly recommend these books to 10 and up, and I rate this trilogy 5 out of 5 stars.
Finally Question time.
The first question will be a Lord of the Rings question.... Question.
who made middle earth and caused everything to be created?

11 comments:

Josh said...

Hey, good 1st post! Keep it up! Look forward to more.

servant4jesus said...

thanks

Bad Wolf said...

cool blog Isaac nice real nice

Escravo said...

Isaac this is soooo cool!!!
I am very impressed with it. I really enjoyed reading about those books!!! CAn't wait to hear more. And I wish I knew the answer to the question...
but I do not. All of Lizzy and Josh's attempts to educate me were in vain!!!
Proud of you!! Keep it up buddy!!!
u rock!!!

Elenatintil said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Isaac! Although I would be cautious about putting your age up there.

servant4jesus said...

lol! Thanks guys, and as to my being cautious of putting my age up there, why? I understand name, but I didn't put my whole name.

Elenatintil said...

talk to me about it in person sometime, k?

servant4jesus said...

k. :)

Elenatintil said...

Oh! I just saw that you asked a question at the bottom of the blog...very cool...

A. Iluvartar, also called Eru, made Middle Earth.

When is the next post coming? You should do a Prince Caspian Review! I'd love to read your thoughts on it!

servant4jesus said...

probably do one on my birthday, yeah sorry I haven't been posting, I've been a little busy.

Galadriel said...

I had the great privilege of pre-reading this book. I don’t want to spoil the surprise, so I will only say that after being enthralled by the world Bryan Davis created in Dragons in Our Midst and expanded upon in Oracles of Fire, I eagerly anticipated his new series, Echoes from the Edge. The characters, like those in his first two series, are realistic, relatable teens that readers of all ages can identify with. I see echoes of myself in Daryl, who constently alludes to and quotes from such favorite fantasies as Lord of the Rings and Narnia, as well as The Wizard of Oz.
My good intentions to read only a chapter of Beyond the Reflection's Edge daily evaporated. I read the whole book in less than four hours. The first chapter contained more emotion and action than some books ever reach. From there, the story builds in depth and action to an extraordinary conclusion. Unlike some books, Beyond the Reflection's Edge yields more excitement with each re-reading. I can't wait for the next installment!
I highly recommend this books for fans of Narnia, Lord of the Rings, Binding of the Blade, and any other faith-based fantasy. This book has an extremely original plot line and characters.